The P!mp's Featured Video!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

White crap!

Since almost everyone who knows me knows that my PC is dead, all my entries now will be a day late since I cannot blog at home but have to resort to log my experiences the day after.

Well, yesterday was largely a typical CBL (cho bo lan) day which I basically did nothing for a full half day from the moment I stepped into my office, reason being my office PC's Internet connection has mysteriously chosen to take a half day off on me. Fark, so now no work could be done and I spent the hours fiddling on my Nintendo DS while the technician tried to help me get my PC back up. Hahaha, I don't mind loh, since my work is mostly done and I was actually enjoying the idleness. Shit, I think I am getting more and more malas (Malay for lazy, for those who don't know, I am not Malay, I just have some Malay friends from whom I pick up all these phrases) as the days go by.

Anyhow, my dqay kind of ended at 5.45pm yesterday due to the fact that I was needed to help out at Lido as a booth was set up there to distribute tickets to this movie called White Noise. And yes, I managed to grab three pairs of tickets myself for Mona and the usual suspects like Lauren, Ismail and Nani who came by to fill in the remaining ticket slot while I invited Jo to view the movie with me since she couldn't make it to the previous Constantine freebie show.


Bruce Wayne sifts through the files, fark lah, Keaton always give me the Batman feeling loh!


The Beegees making an appearance

Anyhow, if you are seriously contemplating to watch White Noise, don't. It sucks, ok maybe the movie doesn't suck as a whole but the ending was surely one of the most crappiest (language and grammar sticklers forgive me) ones that I have ever seen since Scary Movie (wait, Scary Movie was meant to be crappy!!)!! Luckily, I thought that Michael Keaton put in a fine performance in the show that kept it from sinking and who could fault the choice of casting Chandra West as his hotter than hot best-selling author of a wife (although her role was over in a flash but not before flaunting her curves in a purple lace slip with black undies beneath, woot). The front and middle parts of the show were ok with some scares but the ending....grrr. And just who are The Three?? Are they the Charmed ones??? Or like what Mona said, "Who are the Beegees????" Crap lah, now I am just looking forward to watching Howl's Moving Castle which opens tomorrow and Hayao Miyazaki is behind the animated film. Funny that cartoons can sometimes make more sense than "real" movies (pardon the irony).

Am reading the original Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones who also wrote its sequel, "Castle in the Air". Ok granted, they are children's stories but sometimes I feel that some children's books are really meant to be read by adults as they can give you a different POV when you read them when you are 25 as opposed to when you were 15. Read Hardy Boys now and I bet some people may discover gay tendencies inside, haha. Anyway, the original Howl's Moving Castle is an enchanting tale about a girl being turned into a 90 year old granny through a curse by an evil witch. This girl, Sophie, must then find a way to reverse the curse even if it meant living in with the Wizard Howl who was rumored to collect the souls of young, nubile (ok, I added that) girls and ate their hearts.

Jo and I really loved the works of Hayao and if you want to know, he is the man behind Princess Mononoke (Mononoke-Hime) and the more recent Spirited Away (Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi). Personally, I loved Graveyard of the Fireflies as it can really make you cry. Miyazaki is frequently compared with Disney but I think Walt has got a thing or two to learn from this old Jap bloke.


Sophie with the castle in the background

3 comments:

hersheychoc said...

hey i wanna watch howl too! jerry clode's module opened my eyes to the fantastic works of Hayao Miyazaki.

The Dyslexic Pimp said...

yup the only thing i like about Clode is his short discussion abt Jap anime and pop culture. Quite interesting!

hersheychoc said...

aiyah.. bias lah u. coz u can't relate to bollywood and kungfu ah?? heheheh.

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg