The P!mp's Featured Video!

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Hear that Cock Crow!

Well, well, well, before we knew it, the Year of the Monkey has ended and its the Year of Le Cock! Oh well, not that 2004 has anything much for me to look back on anyway. It's just sad that 365 days are gone just like that and it's much worse when you know that you have not really accomplished much in those 300 odd days.

So here's to wishing and resoluting that I get off my malas (malay for lazy) butt/ass/derriere (whatever) and start to make something of my life. After all, we only live once. But of course, you know the thing about New Year Resolutions...they never get resolutionised in the end, if you know what I mean. So maybe this year, I shall make the resolution of not making any resolutions, let life take me wherever, whatever. Now, I don't know if that's a fatalistic thinking but sometimes hoping too much in life only serves to bring me down.

Anyway, just came home really and chatting with Mona on MSN right now. Watched Seoul Raiders not too long ago and although I can't say that I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, there Shu Qi at the very least - and three other pretty Korean babes to look at so the $8.50 was not really wasted.

Next up for me should be Finding Neverland (I know I'm slow but hey, I got a day job, man). Let's see how Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet stack up in that movie, the former being one of my favorite Hollywood actors - oh boy, he's going to be Willy Wonka in the upcoming Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie adaptation. If you don't know what or who Willy Wonka is, you have missed out on the ton of twisted children's fiction by Roald Dahl, man (yes, it's the same guy whose grand-daughter is now a supermodel). I also loved his "Boy", "Fantastic Mr. Fox" and "Esio Trot" amongst many others. He's a great kids writer.


Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Dahl

Many lovers has come and many lovers have gone.
Sing your love to an old fashioned song.

(1000 years from now you’ll be still putin’ me down, my baby.)

You can change the frame but the picture remains the same.
Sing your love to the song, after the rain.

(1000 years from now you’ll be still putin’ me down, my baby.) baby girl, in other words, forever more I’ll be here. (I’ll be here) cuz my whole life has been full of joy ever since you came here.

Girl, my whole world goes around because you spin me, yeah. (move around, move around, move around, move around, move around, move around, move around)

Everytime we are done making love girl, it makes me wanna:

Chorus / hook:
Step in the name of love, (snap...) snap in the name of love (my fingers…), clap in the name of love (clap…), clap in the name of love (…my hands…), step (step…) in the name of love, step in the name of love (from side to side…), move in the name of love (oooo…) move in the name of love (it’s allright…).

Some believe in love, and some people don’t (whoa)
Sing your love to a story.

(1000 years from now you’ll be still putin’ me down, my baby.)

Some have crossed the finish line and some gave up.
Its like moving a mountain love can be just that though.

(1000 years from now you’ll be still putin’ me down, my baby.) baby girl, in other words, forever more I’ll be here. cuz my whole life has been full of joy ever since you came here.

My whole world goes around, goes around, because you spin me, yeah. (move around, move around, move around, move around, move around, move around, move around)

Every time we are with us naked baby, it really makes me wanna:

Chorus / hook (with new kelly ad-libs)

Whoaaaaa….yeah, uh-huh…

(laugh) now, we goin play a little game, this game is for all of those who know how to follow a beat, listen, when I sing, I want everybody out there, to do what ever I say:

Step step, side to side. round and round dip it now. separate, bring it back, let me see you do, the love slide.

Step step, side to side. round and round dip it now. separate, bring it back, let me see you do, the love slide. see my whole world goes around, all because of you, spin me, yeah! and when we are done making love, babe, hey! I just want to get to nothing, go all over town!

Chorus / hook (with new kelly ad-libs) 1 time

(with chorus in background, no ad-libs)
Love brought us together so keep on stepin! because love goin last forever! clap in the name of love! lets step out, hit the floor, dj’s rockin it’s all for us, if anybody asks, why were’ stepin, tell em!!!.....we did it for love!


- R. Kelly, Step in the Name of Love

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg