The P!mp's Featured Video!

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Washed Out...

Dunno why but have been feeling very tired and frustrated at work lately, maybe it's something to do with my rising workload and the inclusion of a new member to the editorial team that is driving me nuts. Somehow the new guy makes me feel that my place is threatened and this is no good at all. But the thing is I really do not want to make any enemies or outwardly express my hostilities.

Dam, office politics. Maybe I am blaming the whole world but not myself. Anyhow, I couldn't take it no more and sought out my boss to complain and pour out my anger. Expectedly, he says that there is a path mapped out for me in the next couple of years (provided I am still here in this job, of course, and apparently I will likely be filling up as Senior Writer come June 2005), so I have no idea whether to feel relieved or not. Furthermore, it seems that the magazine has set up another office in Manila and the writers there will be able to cover some of my editorial work and lighten my pressure. I am so keeping my fingers crossed that things will work out and all will be well.

It's a shame as the place is pretty comfortable and conducive and yet such a thing has to happen. You will not help but feel somewhat displaced when everyone in the world is asking why is there someone who seems to be undercutting you, would you?

Anyhow, now that I have voiced out my concerns, I hope the boss will treat me with a degree of dignity. I hate it when someone appears to be encroaching on my territory where work is concerned and seems to be trying hard to garner credit and score points. Fark, it could be me being paranoid but in this cutthroat world, you really would not know who to trust anymore.

Anyway, sad to hear that Mona is down with the dreadful chicken pox and I hope she gets well soon (actually, just make her well in two weeks time and with no complications since there's almost no way chicken pox will heal any faster), 'cause a boyfriend of my colleague has also went down with pox and was hospitalised as the ailment sort of caused him to lose his sense of balance (which reminds me of the symptoms of the Mad Cow Disease) and the guy cannot even walk in a straight line. Makes me realise life is really fragile and you never know if a small thing like the common cold is going to kill you. It may be a hyperbole on my part but oh well, life as they say, is a wild child...unpredictable.

Enough of the sad things, CNY is coming and although I do not normally feel excited with all the cheesy CNY songs and red drabs hanging around, I do hope to get some cash in the red packets which I can put into the account that Jo and I have set up for our future. A little goes a long way, so God, gimme those dough pleasseee. Amen.

Catching Constantine on the 7th with Herman. It's gonna be a gala premiere...cannot wait. Free things are always sweeter after all.

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg