The P!mp's Featured Video!

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Time Flies...

Have not blogged for the past few days as there was absolutely nothing to blog about but now am typing something because I feel like doing something before I sleep.

Today is just another day at work but with a difference, I did a couple of things today that may further my job prospects. Actually, ok, I did these yesterday, memory is bad nowadays. Thanks to Mona's tip-off, I got wind that 8 Days is looking for writers / editors and I thought that maybe I should give it a shot (I did send some form of resume some time back but obviously it was not considered), I have sent the email out and hope that I will at least get a reply which will mean that I will have a chance since only successful applicants will hear from them.

Also at the same time, Jo told me that her friend has forwarded an email about MTVasia looking for freelance games writers (how coincidental is that??). Upon some consideration (I am not sure if I had the time to freelance, you see), I gathered that the pros far outweigh the cons and also sent them an email expressing my interests since it's definitely relevant to my job right now so I think I have an advantage and also since I will need to come up with an article once every fortnight, I think I should be able to do it.

Furthermore, I need to add more crap to my resume and beef up my experience as well. The extra cash will also do me good too (see how the pros outweigh the cons, the cons being afraid I may not have the time). Hopefully, I can get the MTV gig. Perhaps this is a sign from above that I will soon be leaving my workplace? I don't know. I leave it in His hands...

Anyway Robin Yee came to my office today to check on this Mass Comm intern in my office. Bittersweet meeting. The man (or woman, we will never know) has obviously aged. Got a whole head of white hair now and I cannot help but feel that time has really flew past us and we have actually graduated for half a decade now. And what achievements have we gotten ourselves? Some of us may have already become high fliers now and some of us may still be eking out a mundane existence but whatever it is now, time still goes on.

We exchanged name cards and I told him I would like to use him as my reference in my resume. Old contacts do have their use after all. And the guy actually remembers me and my name after all these years (some more can remember I was in Hype back when I was doing Advanced Newswriting). Extraordinary!

Ok, gotta end the entry now. Sleep tight folks.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.

Would you hold my hand
If I saw you in heaven?
Would you help me stand
If I saw you in heaven?

I'll find my way
Through night and day,
'Cause I know I just can't stay
Here in heaven.

Time can bring you down,
Time can bend your knees.
Time can break your heart,
Have you begging please, begging please.

Beyond the door,
There's peace I'm sure,
And I know there'll be no more
Tears in heaven.

Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven?
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven?

I must be strong
And carry on,
'Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven.


- Eric Clapton, Tears in Heaven

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg