The P!mp's Featured Video!

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Day 2: Flight to San Francisco

Ok, gonna post some thoughts on yesterday now. Well, as mentioned in the previous post, I am now at San Francisco where trams and hilly, winding roads are a common sight. The air here is damn refreshing as it's very cold (colder when it gets dark) but never really freezing if you get what I mean. The only thing is the humidity here is a little on the low side and as always I did not pack any moisturisers and now my lips are somewhat peeling along with a little cold sores but it doesn't matter.

The trip this time around is much more fun than the one last year when I also came to San Francisco. Because of that, I could actually navigate around the main Civic Center area (where I am now staying) easily. San Frnacisco just got a whole lot more familiar and I really feel at home this time. :) Furthermore, I made some new friends with the editorial people from magazines all over the region, from China to the Philippines, it's all good.

I must say I really love the weather here, the skies are so darn blue and the buildings all have this quaint and antiquated feel to them. I only wished that my SD card for my camera had a larger capacity, sheesh.

Anyhow, I will be posting some pictures of the trip when I get back as I forgot to bring along my card reader and hence I could not save them onto the laptop for the uploading.

The food here is the standard American fare but all in much bigger portions which really suited me as the Asian serving size at home really couldn't fill me up. I had a surprise during the dinner yesterday that I was the only one who really finished his food (Salmon Fillet, by the way, yum!) as well as a huge glass of Float, boy I feel sinful but oh well, it's not everyday that I can eat like this and it's all sponsored anyway, hahahaha.

This morning, I woke up really late for breakfast as I was so goddarn tired, I think it's the jetlag still working in. I looked at my watch and oh my, it's in the night over in Singapore, no wonder I feel really groggy. In fact, if I were to stay still for some minutes, my body would automatically shut down and I will doze off, it's that serious! O__o

Just visited this game development company called Flagship Studios which was formed by the team from Blizzard that produced the Diablo, WarCraft and StarCraft series of games. Really exciting as they showed us the new game that they are still creating and the demo blew us away! The game details are not really set in stone yet but I liked what saw which was about Humanity fighting against demons that have overtaken Earth and have been busily terraforming the surface to becoming Hell. Good stuff. If some of you are interested, the game is called Hellgate: London (the game takes place in UK, duh), check it out if you want to.

Watching the SF Giants!!

Ok, as I am typing this, I am only but minutes away from meeting the other reporters and the staff from Flagship to watch a baseball game! This is the first time I am watching one and I am gonna take lots of shots to show you guys so watch out for them!

I asked about dinner details and they told me it will be hotdogs while watching the game!! O__o Guess you can't get any more American than that! And I surmise that the hotdogs are gonna be huge ones...hmmm.

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg