You begin to worry about many things, big things, small things, insignificant things, people things, family things, work things ad nauseum. You begin to see that why oh why your fervent prayers to grow up faster during your childhood was so goddamn foolish. You begin to realise that there ain't no pot of gold or bed of roses that lie in waiting for you when you reach adulthood. Instead, what lies over there at the end of the line may very well be sorrow, regret and many a broken promises and ties.
People you love will somehow leave you, either through natural reasons or man-made ones. Things degrade over the years. You find that your favorite TV shows were not as exciting as before, or your favorite food is not as tasty as you have thought that it would be. Events and relationships get more and more colored with age and I am not talking about rose tints.
However, whenever I feel down and literally tired and washed out. I know that besides depending on God, I can depend on my friends. Friends who have watched me grow, caught me when I fell and laughed at my antics. Friends who have over the ages wiped my tears away with laughter or have sat with me below the pale moonlight, discussing all our greatest dreams for a future that has yet come to pass. Friends who have accompanied me through many trials and came out with me all the stronger. If you were this friend who I am talking about, I thank you for all these years well-spent.
I thank you for all the times we had and are going to share. I thank God for you guys, you know who you are.
Something's afoot in Kaki 5...
Chilling at our own Central Perk
Nice girlies they are!
Guffaws at Pizza Hut...
I too want to thank Jo, for we have been through so much together. Although many times, we have our arguments and oft-heated exchanges, I love her to bits for who she is and who she has made me to be. A better person who has time to think about others and truly, the last six years together has been paved with many a stumbling blocks that we, looking back would never have understood how on earth we were able to make it. Maybe it was our doggedness or maybe it was divine intervention. We can never know.
Never before seen Redang couple shot.
But I know one thing, the past 25 years have been a ride on rocky roads, however, it is a ride that I have friends and a loved one to share my sore bums with me; and for that, I am most grateful.
Now are we there yet?
Love can’t you see I’m alone
Can’t you give this fool a chance
A little love is all I ask - a little kindness
In the night
Please don’t leave me behind
No - don’t tell me love is blind
A little love is all I ask and that is all
Oh love I’ve been searching so long
I’ve been searching high’n’low
A little love is all I ask - a little sadness
When you’re gone
Maybe you need a friend
Only please don’t let’s pretend
A little love is all I ask and that is all
I wanna spread my wings - but I just can’t fly
As a string of pearls and pretty girls go sailing by
Ocean deep - I’m so afraid to show my feelings
I have sailed a million ceilings - in my -
Solitary room
Ocean deep - will I ever find a lover
Maybe she has found another
And as I cry myself to sleep
I know this love of mine I’ll keep - ocean deep
Love can’t you hear when I call
Can’t you hear a word I say
A little love is all I ask
A little feeling when we touch
Why am I still alone?
I’ve got a heart without a home
A little love is all I ask - and that is all
I wanna spread my wings - but I just can’t fly
As a string of pearls and pretty girls go sailing by
Ocean deep - I’m so afraid to show my feelings
I have sailed a million ceilings - in my -
Solitary room
Ocean deep - will I ever find a lover
Maybe she has found another
And as I cry myself to sleep
I know this love of mine I’ll keep - ocean deep
I’m so lonely lonely lonely...
Maybe..
- Cliff Richard, Ocean Deep



No comments:
Post a Comment