The P!mp's Featured Video!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Silentsnow pwns Western Plaguelands with Kathlyn


So yesterday me and the Wife decided to take our lvl 50+ alts to grind some good old Argent Dawn rep in a bid to push them fast to Outland content, it was good fun.

Snow was an absolute monster in Dire Bear form, pulling yellow to orange mobs with gusto and often, three or more at a time while the Wife, who played as Kathlyn, supplied the sweet heals.

We dominated Sorrow Hill like no other and shut out some farmers who appeared now and then who made up their minds that it was not a cool idea to compete beside a pretty well-geared bear tank and a well-played priest. (Although we were were super aggro magnets by virtue of us being a little below the normal level required for the map :P)

Between ourselves, I gained a level last night, pushing myself to 51 and Kathlyn dinged to 52 and we made off with several minions scourgestones and bone fragments that will help us to accrue MORE sweet Argent Dawn rep, although the Wife is the more enthusiastic one in this venture, apparently for some phat loot at the end.

I was more amused at tanking three, four and sometimes five mobs at a go and then emerging unscathed; or sometimes even shifting out of bear form, Barkskin and then Innervate the OOM (out of mana) wifey.

I <3 Druids!!!

The crowning achievement of the night? Well, that has to be actually completing the first two of the Scourge Cauldrons quests which frankly speaking was meant to be tough for our level, but we did it anyhow with abject bear-like ferocity.

We down the first Cauldron lord, got the key and filled the potion bottle and went on the put the smackdown on the second Lord not once, not twice but three damn times simply because the spwn rates for the area was insane!

The moment we down the second Lord, more zombies appeared before we could even enar the cauldron and I have to growl and pull all of them to me and start tanking. And because my damage is relative low (I'm a tank, whaddaya think?), we had some difficulty killing the adds fast but we still did it in the end - while not dying a single time, no shitting.

The mobs were orange to us which meant that they are tougher, hit harder and actually were able to dodge and parry most of my claws and swipes. It was iffy and hairy at times but at the end it was exciting.

The came the second cauldron Lord who we beat down thrice because he just kept spawning skeletons and casting shadow bolts at me from afar. Plus the fact that he is RED to us, basically unkillable solo.

But never underestimate a holy priest and feral bear druid combo, we downed him and finally got the second cauldron before we called it a night.

At 3am.

Ok, I'm a WoW junkie but I am glad my Wife shares the same interests, I have heard cases when husbands have to play behind their wives' or girlfriends' backs which is just wrong. (Not the guy, but the situation).

And did I say before I <3 Druids?

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg