The P!mp's Featured Video!

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Soccer crazy in Amoy Street

Ok, for those who may not be in the know, my work entails me being the writer and reviewer of a certain free magazine in Singapore entitled GameAxis. Simply put (and I repeat, "simply put"), my livelihood involves me playing games and getting paid for it.

Now, every now and then I will get invites from PR agencies and game developers to hop on down and test-play some of their hottest new releases and yesterday I was down in one such agency, Filter Group at Amoy Street to give a game called Winning Eleven a try. Since I was no soccer guru (not in the console sense anyway), I brought a colleague along.

One word, the game (which was previously on the PS2 and now on the Xbox) was awesome. You get to control teams with realistic renders of their players (think Beckham, Hakan, James et al) alongside fantastic details added in like player stats amongst the already electrifying atmosphere in the virtual stadium. It was so good that if you saw it from afar, you would have thought that it was a real match going on. It was all good and it was work. I know some of you out there would think that I am such a lucky prick but of course, the job does have its frustrating moments...but more on that in future posts.

Anyway, not too long ago, Jo bought me an Xbox for Xmas and having a console with no games is a real pain in the ass and whaddaya know, the agency actually gave me a whole bunch of titles to take home i.e. free (coz they were old games to them)! Wahahaha, now I got like 7 titles to play and boy, do I feel lucky.

When I got home that night, got a dampener from my mum as she felt that working in a gaming magazine was a frivolous job (what can I say, Singaporean parents have this penchant for their kids to be doctors, lawyers and engineers, it's crazy!) but for me, besides the sucky pay, there's really nothing that I could complain about, especially when I just got my first bonus of two months (too bad, pro-rated...wtf).

Anyway, now am playing this game on my Xbox called Thief: Deadly Shadows. This is a freaking awesome game (ok, I admit, I am a fanboy). You all should try it if you got an Xbox. Try the Shalebridge Cradle mission and you will know what I mean. It's a scary-till-you-crap-in-your-pants kinda level. Pure shiokness.


Creeping on an unsuspecting townsfolk....muahahahaha!!

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg