I got differing views on my move but most were negative, saying that it will inconvenience me if I wanted to drive overseas and there was more "kick" in driving a manual car. But I say, "fark it", as if I am gonna drive when I go on a tour and even if I need to, I would rather pay the extra bucks to rent an auto car...than go through the anguish and trauma of learning the clutch. It helps that the auto lesson will be three sessions shorter than the conventional one for manual transmission and is cheaper at that too. So, here I go. 28th of Feb will be the day of my FTT (Final Theory Test). May God be with me...
On another note, I also found out to my horror, that applying for FTT is no longer just paying 6 bucks at the TP (traffic police) counter and then scoot. Apparently, the TP has given the system over to BBDC to run and although this meant more convenience (the booking can now be done online), it also means more bureaucratic crap as I needed to get myself a number and waiting in line to get attended to by the BBDC staff today! It's like seeing the freaking doc in a polyclinic.
Hell, I was there for a good hour and more instead of the usual half an hour. And it was worse that I was totally new to the system and ran around like a headless chicken - not knowing what to do and what buttons to press to apply and the staff there gave me only curt answers when I asked them questions (apparently they were farking newbie questions to them) until this somewhat kind lady staff gave me some useful directions, seeing how lost I was. So much for good service eh? And did I mention that it's no longer 6 bucks if you wanna apply for FTT?? It's now $11.25! ($5.25 admin fee to BBDC), chee bye, I so better pass...
A car that I think will be cool to drive - the Mini Cooper S...of course I also like Land Rovers (hint hint)
The other reason why I was on leave was because I needed to go order some Gerberas for Jo for Valentine's Day as well as book a slot for a surprise spa session for her that day as well. Wanted to book a table in this restaurant in CHIJMES later today but it was still closed although I can see staff inside flitting like ghosts from my perspective (looking in from frosted glass). I guess I can give them a buzz later in the week...
And if you think that by writing these here, I will be spoiling the surprise but haha, Jo does not know that I have a blog....yet.
Ok for those who have no idea what Gerberas are, here's a picture of these flowers. I ordered them since I overheard her saying that they looked pretty and I wanted to be different this year instead of buying her the usual lilies and tulips.



No comments:
Post a Comment