Ok, got this from the malay boy's blog, some little boy called Liamxi lah.
Anyway, I think I got more better sounding songs than him. What can I say? August is a great month to be born in - as I am sure Nani would concur.
LOL :D
Here's the list of all the number ones according to Billboard Magazine on August 6th 1980 to 2006:
THE 1980s
1980 ... "Magic" by Olivia Newton-John
Never heard of this but Olivia is that famous lady from Grease so yea, I am not completely clueless, LOL!
1981 ... "Jessie's Girl" by Rick Springfield
Nice song which I still hear on Class95, but not my fave.
1982 ... "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor
Now we are talking, Rocky Balboa+Rocky training videos+this song= GYM TIME!!! Highly inspirational.
1983 ... "Every Breath You Take" by The Police
Another smooth track which gets remade last couple of years ago by a black guy I cannot put a name to.
1984 ... "Ghostbusters" by Ray Parker, Jr.
Marshmellow Man and Rick "Moron"-is!!!! 'Nuff said.
1985 ... "Shout" by Tears for Fears
Ah, I know this group but I really prefer "Everybody Wants To Rule The World"
1986 ... "Glory of Love" by Peter Cetera
Cheesy but I lap it up anyway.
1987 ... "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" by U2
Gah, no recollection of this song.
1988 ... "Roll with It" by Steve Winwood
Ditto.
1989 ... "Right Here Waiting" by Richard Marx
Cool song with an equally cool, if not memorable singer. This is a song still sung in K-Boxes and bathrooms all over Singapore today.
THE 1990s
1990 ... "Vision of Love" by Mariah Carey
Ok, I concede, MC's great in this song.
1991 ... "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams
Another one of my MEGA tracks!!! I LOVE Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves ALOT and also this song. Bryan Adams is just the icing.
1992 ... "This Used to Be My Playground" by Madonna
Slow track from the pointy-bra-ed one which is nice to listen to, if you are in the mood.
1993 ... "Can't Help Falling in Love" by UB40
Raggae funk, this is when I was in the heady Sec 1 days.
1994 ... "Stay (I Missed You)" by Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories
I was listening to Four Heavenly Kings during this period, so english pop was a total blackout for me here.
1995 ... "Waterfalls" by TLC
Here also.
1996 ... "Macarena [Bayside Boys Mix]" by Los Del Rio
Argh, August 6th was also plagued with the malady that was Macarena and that vile plant, the Lemon Tree, let this day not be forgotten.
1997 ... "I'll Be Missing You" by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans featuring 112
Niceeeeeee.
1998 ... "The Boy Is Mine" by Brandy & Monica
I love RnB so this is also a keeper although I like Brandy's vocals more.
1999 ... "Genie in a Bottle" by Christina Aguilera
You know I want to rub you the right way. LOL!
THE 2000s
2000 ... "Incomplete" by Sisqó
Chinese Pop invaded again, so second blackout occurred about here.
2001 ... "Bootylicious" by Destiny's Child
Who can seriously say no to Destiny's Child songs and the airplay this song got bordered on the insane.
2002 ... "Hot in Herre" by Nelly
Hot track literally, I was in camp then and there was this regular
in my bunk who goes around in nothing
but his briefs singing this song complete dance moves!!!
Traumatic but it made this song stick in mind ever since.
2003 ... "Crazy in Love" by Beyoncé featuring Jay-Z
C...C...Cannot...Shake....That...Quiver...Quivering...
B...B...Booty...F...From....m...M...My...Mind....
Beyonce, You are one hot chick. Jay-Z, you suck.
2004 ... "Slow Motion" by Juvenile featuring Soulja Slim
Nice song lah, but I seriously cannot remember this liao.
2005 ... "We Belong Together" by Mariah Carey
Yet another MC number one, not really my favorite but it's radio-friendly.
2006 ... "Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado featuring Timbaland
WAHHHH!!!! I love this song. Nelly's a full-blooded MILF and this song just oozes "SEXY" all over it.
Honorable Mentions (My personal Number Ones):
1980s
Diana Ross' "Land Before Time" song, cannot remember the title.
1990s
Any shite from the Pet Shop Boys.
2000s
Any track from Justin Timberlake's "Justified" album.
The P!mp's Featured Video!
Friday, June 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment