Anyway, I loved the movie to bits and was quite glad to see that a majority of the story is being ported over to the film without any extraneous Hollywood fluff thrown into it. Aslan's animation was awesome, not only is that Lion majestic, I was almost believing him to be real. Liam Neeson is a pretty good voiceover for the part although in my heart, it's always gotta be James Earl "Mufasa" Jones.
The battles were also epic and sprawling and a good use of aerial cinematography really adds to the scale of how encompassing Narnia was. I liked it when there was a second of silence when both the armies charged head on and then clashed with a thunderous roar across the fields a la John Woo style man. Pure magic!
It's heartening to know that people can still do faithful literary adaptations, especially with me coming out of the recent Harry Potter disappointment... :D

"I don't think it will be any good trying to get back through the wardrobe door to get the coats. You won't get into Narnia again by that route. Nor would the coats be much use by now if you did! Eh? What's that? Yes, of course you'll get back to Narnia someday. Once a King in Narnia, always a King in Narnia. But don't go trying to use the same route twice. Indeed, don't try to get there at all. It'll happen when you're not looking for it." - The Professor



No comments:
Post a Comment