We lived nearby so it wasn't nearly as ardous to make our way there, that and the fact that we are two people with nothing much on our hands to do made the choice to get our arses down to the audtions a relatively easy one.
Anyhow, it was a Saturday, the 9th of September when we trooped into the open space right in front of the Ah Kun Toast outlet when we encountered a massive queue. Well, not that massive in comparision to the Singapore Idol one, but it was sizeable.
Throngs upon throngs of eager beaver young girls wanting to make it big. Gosh, is being a star that desirable in Singapore? But I digress.
You may ask why the hell would I want the Wife to take part in a contest that I absolutely do not believe in. Well, simple la. It's the slimming package, heh. Coz you see, we are going to be married end of next year and if the Wife is good enough to make a name for herself, then it will be probably no-brainers that the powers-that-be will be offering her a slimming package. It's standard I tell you.
Even Kelly Poon got one and by the cholestrol gods, does the woman even look like she needs one?! So there you go.
Anyway, we were told that there are too many clowns there already and there won't be anymore auditions going beyond 6pm that day so we were made to take a number and come back on the next morning at 10am.
Come Sunday, the Wife and I once again walked the path down to the Hub and lo and behold, no queue yet! So she pretty quickly got into line...
...then waited to get her picture taken in front of that white backdrop like any other Superstar hopeful...
Soon after the girls (I forgot to mention that the auditions were for the female category) are taken into this waiting area where the Wife will wait for a chance to sing in front of three judges as she will later relate to me.
Well, to cut the story short. After more than an hour of waiting on my part, she suddenly appeared in front of me (I was fiddling with my PSP out of sheer boredom) and then began to blabber that she got in!
Oh...my...gawd...(to be said in true FRIENDS style)
And so we (or rather the Wife) are (is) off to the second auditions happening on the 17th, same place and all.
Watch this space, folks.




No comments:
Post a Comment