The P!mp's Featured Video!

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Radio Silence Over

I know I long time never blog liao so here I am sitting right in front of my PC spouting virtual nonsense in kilobytes. Ok, so some of you would have already known, I just had my wisdom teeth extracted - yes, all four of them and I am now recuperating at home, confined to four walls and just plain soupy foods.

But it's all good, I got a whopping 5 day MC which never in my short working life had I gotten so many days from the doctor. Not that I visit the doctor much anyways...

The whole ordeal was really quite painful with me opening my mouth and letting the dentist inject several rounds of anaesthesia into my orifice. Every needle poked into my mouth elicited a shiver of pain from me but I held onto Jo's hand (she accompanied me into the operating room) and endured. Very soon, the pain was replaced by an almost soporific numbness around my lower and back jawline. Now was the time when the dentist would whip out his instruments of pain and begin to hack at my wisdom teeth.

Strangely, on hindsight, it wasn't so hard but at that moment, boy, I was only glad that this was going to be a one off affair. I heard drilling and felt intense vibrations when one of my tooth or rather both of my lower wisdom teeth had to be broken into pieces before they can be extracted. It's all quite harrowing.

Was planning to only remove my lower wisdom but the dentist advised hat I should remove the upper ones as well to avoid future complications when they would grow out of control. Man, I really hate these unwanted teeth and am quite glad now that they are out.

Face is a little swollen now and frankly, I look a little different because of this but I hope this swelling will go down soon. It's not very comforting to know that I now look a tad like Mr. Incredible or Stan Smith from the animated series, American Dad. :P

The past week was a fast one for me as not only I had to prep for my extraction both mentally and grocerilly (if there's such a word, evidently not) since we needed to get foods that will facilitate easy eating after the op.

I also found time to join a third Magic tournament to try to secure a Top 8 spot at my neighbourhood shop, Char Kway Teow but alas it was not to be. Jo's cousin did however but then again, he already qualified for the finals that will happen on the 25th, Sat. There were initially three trials that happened over three weeks in the month of March and the Top 8 players from each week could compete in the Finals on the 25th for free...

I could join the finals for a fee of 15 bucks but don't think I will since I would probably get raped there but more importantly, it's because I want to attend a teaching session in church that day.

Hmm, maybe a little Friday Night Magic will be in order since I am basically living the life of a retiree this week.

Woot!

Will bring my Zoo deck to compete this Friday which I modified based on my experiences with this brand of an aggressive deck, hope it bodes well...

Land x 21 cards
4 Temple Garden
3 Stomping Ground
3 Sacred Foundry
4 Battlefield Forge
2 Karplusan Forest
3 Forest
2 Plains

Creatures x 20 cards
3 Isamaru, Hound of Konda
4 Savannah Lions
4 Kird Ape
3 Scorched Rusalka
4 Watchwolf
4 Burning Tree Shaman

Spells x 19 cards
3 Shock
4 Lightning Helix
4 Char
3 Flames of the Blood Hand
3 Bathe in Light

Sideboard x 15 cards
3 Guerilla Tactics
3 Sundering Vitae
2 Tin-Street Hooligan
3 Loxodon Hierarch
3 Threaten
1 Flames of the Blood Hand

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg