The P!mp's Featured Video!

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ebay, Ebay, Ebay

I know I am rather late in these stuff but recently I have discovered the joys of Ebay and the wide array of stuff that's available for trigger happy buyers like me. In fact, if my initial purchases go through smoothly, I intend to make Ebay my de facto one stop buy all station.

Actually the stuff that can be bought are sometimes very cheap (you just have to be discerning about the prices) and are indeed well-worth the trouble to try and bid for them. Of course, some items can be bought on the spot which helps. Friends of mine would probably know that I play the Magic: The Gathering game and it's a darn expensive hobby 'cause the cards can literally cost me hundreds in a sitting. Ebay has actually some cards that I want available on the cheap and several of them can be bought on the spot! How great is that!

So if I successfully get hold of these stuff soon, Ebay will be where I will be surfing for the rest of my playing career. However, for the rest of you reading this and are familiar with the thing that is Ebay, would you kindly educate me on this Internet buying and selling creature. Will be eternally grateful!

Ok...enough about my trading habits...I must say that I am sorry that updates have once again lagged behind since I am quite bogged down with work and personal stress due to work, people at work and my impending house purchase. Feel very tired and worn out most of the time to even cough up words to type into my DyslexicPimp (TM) blog outside of working hours. Sigh, I do long for the days when we were young and life was much more unharried and grey hairs were not so rampant...but oh well, now that we have grown older and hopefully wiser, I pray that we will always continue to be there for each other and just be a phone call, tag post, MSN chat etc away if we ever need the comfort.

I must say that I still find it tough to convince myself to stay on in this place I am working at. Somehow, things seem a little change and my interactions with those people (except for a select few) have become lukewarm at best. I really don't know why but I think it has lots to do with fatigue. Maybe I am tired of my jobscope already and need a change. In fact, recently I was called to a written test and interview at Mediacorp as well as a contact at the aforementioned broadcaster has told me to email my resume to him so that other depts in Mediacorp can see if they can fit me in. If I can get in, it's definitely a great opportunity and confirm I will say good riddance to the place I am at now and begin life anew.

Man, I am such a job slut, haha. But it's really true that I cannot be at a place for too long. I get bored easily and my interests shift so it's perhaps good that I am a writer and can thus get to write about a whole spectrum of topics. It's also good for me to expand my portfolio by writing for many other publications and not just be stuck at doing game and gaming articles. In fact, it's so tiresome that the Mediacorp interviewers keep giving me the vibe that I cannot write other content besides games. I mean, come on lah, it's not like I want it that my resume is soooo full of gaming and tech editorial experience. I have been at this shit for 2 years man, what do you expect sia? And it's this precise experince with interviewers that convince me that now is the time to try to move on if not I will be stuck in this little frame and be unable to expand out as others' opinion of me will be severely limited by what they see on my resume...

Fuck.

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg