The P!mp's Featured Video!

Monday, June 13, 2005

A new path in another direction...

Recently, I am pretty disgruntled at work. Low pay and increasing, foreseeable commitments has at last forced me to act. It's time to look for another job. As you all would know (or would like to know) I am only getting a measly $1,500. Definitely not enough to support a home with.

Just before I settled down to type this entry, I have personally set my foot into the offices of FiRST magazine to apply for a job as a writer or editor. FiRST is actually a movie review magazine which I have been sporadically reading since its inception some years ago and since the office is just a few blocks away from mine, I figured it makes good sense to approach them first. Alas, there were no openings though that could fit me (there were no freelance positions as well, damn).

Also, this morning after taking a "recent full length" picture of myself, I have mailed my application for the position of Flight Steward in SIA. Now this is the job that I am fervently wishing to get. Yes, I know the life will be tough there and is not exactly a bad of roses as many would envision it to be but the heck the pay makes up for it anyday. 3.5K a month is nothing to wiggle your nose at and with it I can even save a thousand every month and still be able to live through the 30 days and tell the tale! I am very excited over this ever since I discovered that SIA is looking for stewards over the weekend. What to wear to the interview if I get called up??? Suggestions please!! ARRHHHHH!!! Another reason I am hyper over this is the fact that the interviews are scheduled on either 2nd or 3rd July which is just after my reservist term (it ends on 1st July). I really want to look at this as divine help rather than coincidence...

So you folks out there, please pray hard for me to get this job or the one at FiRST for the matter all right? Last I heard, my church friend may even have a contact for a non-uniformed position in SAF which I would be interested in, if not, i can always ask Jo to submit her application to since it's a freaking government job!

With so many going on around me, it gets hard sometimes to effectively document everything that I have seen, heard and felt throughout the time but trust me, when I get worked up over anything, here is the place where I will vent it all out. Ok I am crapping.

Recently, I am made privy to a gorgeous local illustrator's website www.charlenechua.com. For all those who like magazine illustrations, this pretty babe is certainly one of Singapore's best, having had her works used by FHM, CLEO and SIA's in-flight mag. Incidentally, she also happens to be the fiancee of one of my more prolific freelancers so it makes sense that I should know her weblink. I wish I can draw like her, somebody teach me Illustrator, Freehand or even Photoshop please! Anyhow, do check out her webby ya?

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg