The P!mp's Featured Video!

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Fire Emblem is a good game!! Plus so many things coming up!!!

Those who have played handheld games (read: GBAs and whatnots) would have heard of the Fire Emblem series. Currently, I am playing the latest game of the franchise on my GBA for work purposes. I must say this is a very good game! And you will know that this is a title that you will be going through again and again when the gameplay is utterly simple to pick up and yet, deep enough to sustain long time interest.


Sorry about the blur screen capture of a cavalry charging into a pikeman...Hiya!!

Come to think of it, this is the hallmark of great games that have entertained Man for a long time. Think of stuff like Chess and Snake and Ladders. They are very easy to learn but their mechanics within the game is deep. Ok, maybe not Snake and Ladders, how about Monopoly? Heck, there's even an official Monopoly tournament for crying out loud. And mind you, people actually need to dress up to play in such a tournament. Amazing, I kid you not.


The table for the final four...serious stuff! Note also the dollar bills on the floor and on the ceiling, the competitors would wish they were real...

And why am I talking about games all of the sudden? Well, for some of you who know me closely, I am a big fan of Magic: the Gathering and come June, there is the third set of the Kamigawa block which will conclude the Japanese themed card set's story. People who read my posts will remember one post that I showed pictures of the cards in the Betrayers of Kamigawa set long before the set was released. Well, now, Wizards of the Coast (the producers of the card game) has decided to control how much information is leaked out and thus, previews of the set is coming out really slowly, but I am already liking the set from what little information I could gather on it. This is going to be a great conclusion to a very flavorful set. June 3rd come quick.


The Saviors will come on June 3rd! Card floppers rejoice!

Then there's the impending release of Star Wars: Episode III!! OMG, I wanna see!! I wanna see!! But I am afraid I can only watch it after I come back from Redang but oh well, the good thing is I don't have to compete with boatloads of people coz by then, those who want to see it would have already watched it.


The shadowy form of Darth Vader beckons...millions lured to the Dark Side

Oh ya, did I mention that July will be a magical month? Coz Harry potter and the Half-Blood Prnce comes out in that month! I am thinking of pre-ordering it though. But that means collecting it on 7.01am on July 16 if I am not wrong. It's been a long time and I miss Hogwarts, man, this is the school that I wish was real coz I can learn all that I am so interested in from there; from Potion making to Charms, it would be cool too to carry a wand made out of Phoenix tail feathers and zip around town on a Nimbus 2000 broomstick. Take that, Mini Cooper!


Lucky buggers, I WANT THOSE BROOMS!!!

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg