The P!mp's Featured Video!

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Work's Kinda Started

Work over here at my new place has just started kinda officially and I am going through the paces of filling into the role - something I think is pretty much manageable.

There's been an email that just floated around the Portal team about the upcoming Nintendo Wii and the PS3 since it's now E3 happening over at good old LA.

And I have to reply to that email saying...

"...I would say to go for Nintendo because of the sheer innovation that they are bringing in with the Wii. The controllers themselves are a wonder in and of itself since it eschews conventional makes of the PS3 (who has opted for more of the old PS2 controller look although it has more buttons and Bluetooth connectivity but no vibrations[!]) and the blocky Xbox 360. The Wii is also potentially easier on the common peoples’ pockets and features a full backwards compatibility on old Nintendo games (if I am not wrong), these are features that most casual players look for.

Sony’s support for the SEA region is minimal at best (market size, buying power and piracy are some of the factors) and I seriously don’t think this will change with the launch of the PS3. It’s going to take a helluva time and effort to get them on board and see us as viable business partners. I am not saying it’s impossible but it’s going to be hard.

I really look forward to seeing gaming content go up on our lifestyle platforms since this area is fast expanding in Singapore these days.

Regards,

Jason..."


This started on entire slew of replies on making me review games and having me craft opnionated pieces about gaming. Oh well, I really don't mind doing the same old job like what I did over at GameAxis in months and years past but I seriously don't think this will come to fruition in this govt body where I am plying my trade now...or is it?

My fingers are crossed man!

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg