The P!mp's Featured Video!

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Signing The Lifetime Contract aka ROM aka Only Legal Way To Own A HDB Flat

Note: This post serves as a log to what has happened a week ago and at that moment in time I have no idea about what to write about the event although said event is to be one of the most important to ever happen in my life, so here's a recap on my ROM based on what my little brain can remember, lol!

For Whom The Bells Toll?
It was quite a bright morning when I awoke really early at 8am to get dressed for the signing which was to take place at 11am in the sanctuary of one St. Paul's Church situated at Upper Serangoon Road. Incidentally that's also the church that I attend on Sundays and all.

The reason I got up really early was due to the fact that I needed to get on down to a florist at Raffles Place to get my hands on three stalks of Calla lilies as wanted by the wife-to-be.

So there I was travelling together with the regular morning crowd, dressed in shirt and pants (I really hate wearing these things man, how can anyone bear to wear like this every day, five days a week, 52 weeks in a year???).

So anyway, got the flowers at around 10.20am and rushed back to church, reaching there at about 11.10am (was a bit late but the pastor has to wait for me anyway).

On hindsight, the whole cremony zoomed by so fast that I cannot remember much of it now except for the fact that I did utter the magic two words, "I do" and then some convoluted vows about sickness and in health, in riches and in poverty...till death to us part kind of stuff. You all know the drill.

So there you have it. I am married and this is like a week after that I am typing this so pardon the hazy memories.

Am I happy?

I must say I am if not I will be sleeping on the couch tonight :P, but ya, of course I am elated.

Is there any difference?

In the course of daily living, yes there is a marked change in the sense that now you've got someone to wake up with and someone who doesn't mind to cook some tidbits for you when your stomach is growling and there is also an alteration of feelings although I still cannot see Jo as my wife but rather a close bosom buddy and someone who I can look up to for help and disclosure, but a wife? No I cannot and she also feels the same. It's wierd, I tell you.

Then again, if you have all missed the show this time around (what am I saying, of course, you all people missed it), there's a sequel when you can all see us saying and going through the whole thing all over again except that we will be clad in suits and gowns later next year (2006's version is all for the gahmen of Singapore, specifically the Housing and Development Board, such a police state that we are living huh. But that's another tale for another time). So will keep you guys informed.

No comments:

128298066625157500icanhastart.jpg